Youth Tour Essay Guidelines
2020 Youth Tour Guidelines
North Dakota’s Electric Cooperatives
• To enter the 2020 essay-writing contest, you must be a sophomore or junior in high school.
• You and your parents or guardian must be served by an electric cooperative in North Dakota.
• Essay is not to exceed two, standard 8.5-inch by 11-inch typewritten, double-spaced pages on this topic:
ESSAY TOPIC: If chosen as a Youth Tour delegate, you will travel to Washington, D.C. to experience and learn about America’s rich history. What moment in American history do you wish you had been a part of and what would you have contributed?
• Submit your essay in hard copy or electronic format to your local electric cooperative. Electronic submissions should conform to the two-page, double-spaced guideline described above.
• Include a cover page with your name, date of birth, name of high school and grade in school, parent or guardian’s name, address and telephone number. • The deadline is Jan. 31, 2020.